Saturday, July 30, 2011

Perspective from a Volunteer

I would like to give you my perspective as a volunteer for the Foundation For Sight and Sound on my being able to participate in the Hearing Mission at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, N.Y. on Saturday, July 23, 2011. It was one of the most heart warming experiences I have ever had. I feel blessed to be part of the Foundation For Sight and Sound and what it stands for. I would like to share a few stories with you that still bring tears to my eyes. One is from college student who told me he was teased most of his life because of his hearing limitations. The other is from a gentleman who told me, he struggled to come into this country and raise his two children. He is a religious person who prays to G-d every day and for years he has been asking G-d to send him a messenger to give him back his hearing. He said to me, you see that man over there, pointing to you, he is the messanger from G-d I have been waiting for. Then Amanda, a little girl who was born with an 80 percent hearing loss who received a hearing aid for one ear last year from the FSS and received a hearing aid for other ear on Saturday. I have developed a bond with these individuals and they will stay in my heart forever.
Leslie Smouha

No comments:

Post a Comment